Deadline: 2 September 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Business Support Assistant in Berlin, Germany.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Business Support Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Respond to routine queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients, e.g. providing readily available information from office files, databases or routine information.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
- Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- 3 or more year’s experience in general administrative work.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system, international organization or non-governmental organization.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
- Some knowledge of Information Technology in order to support and guide staff on basic IT issues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and specifically SAP software.
- Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English and German.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.