Deadline: 6 June 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Management Support – Associate in Bonn, Germany.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Management Support – Associate will perform the following functions:
- Administrative and general support
- Keep track of the Directors appointments and prepares briefing and background material and ensures this is shared with the Director in due time before the meetings.
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats of the ICAT team by scheduling and organizing meetings (also video- or tele-conferences) and receiving visitors.
- Research support
- Follow relevant policy developments, in particular decisions adopted under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and alerts the team of new developments.
- Keep abreast of upcoming events in the area of Climate Change, such as the UNFCCC calendar and calendars of other relevant for a, and alerts the team as necessary.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Support meetings (online and in person), prepares draft minutes for these meetings and takes notes and keep records of various types of meetings.
- Support the organization and delivery of webinars, training and learning initiatives on project related topics.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Climate Change or equivalent disciplines is strongly desirable.
- Minimum 6 year’s relevant experience in operations’ support services, research, climate change and/or office management support in national or international public or corporate organizations is required.
- First Level University Degree or a Master’s Degree, some of the required experience may be discounted.
- Understand climate change and related global policy issues is required and MRV and transparency is an advantage.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office/Google Suite) is required.
- Experience in handling web-based management systems and in the use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
- Proficiency in data management and use of data visualizations tools is an asset.
- Strong command of English (written and oral) is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UNOPS language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.