Deadline: 28 July 2021
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Officer in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Accounts Officer will perform the following functions:
- Prepare journal, journal entries and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software General ledger (GL.
- Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable description.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Ensure that the documentation for payment is acceptable and accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
- Approved payment request should be processed within one week of receipt.
- Prepare the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
- Prepare and maintain the sub ledger for all advances (travel, purchase etc.).
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Accounting or ICA Ghana Part 2 or ACCA Foundation (Level 2) or equivalent.
- At least 3 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate behaviors needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role.
- Ability to facilitate participative processes.
- Gain, develop and retain credibility about his/her performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially excel and pivot tables.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.