Deadline: 7 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Field Office in Tamale, Ghana.
The Chief Field Office will be responsible for the coordination, development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a broad range of programmes/projects in the Field Office contributing to Country Programme Management Plan (CPMP), focused on achievement of UNICEF’s Priorities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Field Office will perform the following functions-
- Manage the cost-effective, appropriate and sound utilization, protection and accounting of all organizational resources in Tamale Field Office, i.e. financial, human, administrative, fixed assets, as well as programme, supplies, equipment and cash assistance.
- Provide technical support to the local authorities and district councils in planning and coordination, especially in programme areas concerning children.
- Build capacity of partners in Human Right Based Approach to Development Programming and Community Centered Capacity Development, focusing on increased demand and access to and improved quality of basic social services for children and their caregivers.
- Coordinate and communicate all programme monitoring activities with the Representative and Chief of Sections (CoS) in Accra.
- Participate and contribute in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and community participation.
- Provide guidance to Tamale based programme staff on courses of action to improve on the delivery of project activity inputs, leading to the attainment of the programme objectives and goals.
- Coordinate with Operations/Supply staff on supply and non- supply assistance activities including to emergency response.
- Collects and analyzes data to inform and support policy discussion and advocacy at district/community levels.
- Participate in the preparation of all programme reports required by Management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Provide regular updates on the political and socio-economic situation in the Upper East Region, Upper West Region and Northern Region to ensure quality of visits by donors/ goodwill ambassadors/ media personnel to optimally portray UNICEF supported initiatives.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines, with specialized training in conflict resolution.
- 8 years of relevant professional work experience.
- International and Developing country work experience.
- Experience in heading a field/zonal office, an advantage.
- Experience in remote / isolated conditions, an asset.
- Fluency in English and another UN language as required.
- Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.