Deadline: 30 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communication Manager in Accra, Ghana.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communication Manager will perform the following functions-
- Develop, maintain and update the country advocacy and communication strategy and associated work plan.
- Promote a better understanding of respect and support for children’s and women’s rights and issues by carrying out media, information and education activities in support of UNICEF-assisted development programmes or humanitarian efforts in the country.
- Develop, maintain and update partners contact list/database including specifically mapping and assessing the country’s private sector landscape with regard to opportunities for UNICEF private sector fundraising and leveraging and promoting children’s rights.
- Develop, maintain and update celebrities and influencers contact list/database.
- Help establish, document, review and refine process of working with celebrities, including special events, media opportunities, field trips etc.
- Support the UNICEF global communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary country specific and local community materials and activities.
- Support development and implementation of rolling resource mobilization strategy and plans including on-going analysis of fundraising environment, trends, close monitoring of donor interests and new opportunities, and efficient management of incoming contributions.
- Develop a work plan for communication activities, monitor compliance and provide support and guidance to ensure objectives are met.
- Provide technical support to ensure that a set of communication performance indicators is identified and adjusted as necessary, and these communication indicators are incorporated or fed forwarded in the Annual Management Plan, Annual Work Plan, etc.
- Advise UNICEF management, colleagues and staff on media strategy and implications for action and policies proposed.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s) in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or other relevant disciplines with specialized training in resource mobilization.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or news media.
- Experience in resource mobilization, private sector fundraising and partnerships.
- International and national work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situation.
- UN Agency background or NGO experience would be an asset.
- Management and developing country work experience would be an asset.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.