Deadline: 20 June 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Accra, Ghana.
The Economist will prepare regular macroeconomic reports, conduct detailed analysis of selected policy areas, carry out policy dialogue with the Government as needed and work closely with the Program Leader.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Independently research and analyze a wide variety of specific economic, financial, country or sector topics and issues for lending, research, and/or policy related tasks.
- Prepare country economic, sector, strategy or research reports involving the analysis, evaluation and preparation of data, as well as the formulation of conclusions and recommendations.
- Lead in the writing of routine reports and participate in drafting technical working papers for wider circulation.
- Program and modify economic/financial models using existing software packages and develop software needed to implement and upgrade models, using a variety of complex languages.
- Co-manage projects, trust funds, and grants and support data needs of sectoral staff.
- Work independently, seeking guidance and instruction on new, unusual or complex assignments.
- Interact and at times lead discussion with a wide variety of groups including counterparts in government and in a variety of international and other partner organizations, academia, Bank counterparts within and across sectors, networks and managers across the Bank Group.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics with 5 years of experience.
- Strong technical and operational skills as evidenced in a proven track record in delivery of Bank operations, such as ESWs or Development Policy Lending (DPLs).
- Proven sense of initiative, results orientation, and leadership qualities, as well as effective teamwork skills.
- Strong integrative capacities i.e., ability to situate IDA activities within a coherent strategic framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills and ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises.
- Strong commitment towards team work and knowledge sharing, especially across the World Bank Group.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to speak persuasively and to present ideas clearly and concisely with senior policy officials.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.