Deadline: 28 February 2022
Rainforest Alliance is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Associate, Community Listening Program in Kumasi, Ghana.
The Rainforest Alliance is an international non-profit organization working at the intersection of business, agriculture, and forests to make responsible business the new normal. They are building an alliance to protect forests, improve the livelihoods of farmers and forest communities, promote their human rights, and help them mitigate and adapt to the climate crisis.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Associate, Community Listening Program will perform the following functions:
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate.
- Coordinate and oversee the planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting of the Community Listening.
- Program in the country, working closely with the local program staff, and Country Director.
- Develop and monitor the Annual Operational Program and the annual budgets allocated to the Program in Ghana.
- Manage and maintain relationships with community leaders and members of associations, organizations, Certificate holders, and cooperatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with public officials and members of private companies, as well as any other actor involved in the development of productive activities in the various landscapes where the project is executed.
Applicants must have:
- BA or BS Degree in Social Sciences (i.e. Social Anthropology, Political Sciences, International Development Studies), Environmental science /Forestry or related field and Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 5 year’s experience as an international development practitioner, experience in leadership of governance processes, community organization, as well as in the development of spaces for social participation.
- Experience with worker participation and workers’ rights, gained through working with labor unions, governments, technical assistance providers, or NGOs.
- Experience with and a vision on stakeholder participation and organizational change.
- Knowledge and experience designing and implementation quantitative and qualitative social research methods.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to prioritize tasks and deliver high-quality work products under strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Rainforest Alliance.