Deadline: 21 October 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social Policy Officer (Social Protection) in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Social Policy Officer (Social Protection) will perform the following function-
- Research and analyse agricultural, economic, trade, market, social, environmental, nutrition/food composition and/or gender related data, statistics and information to provide technical, statistical and/or policy related information and analysis to support the delivery of economic and social development programmes work, products, projects, publications and services.
- Produce a variety of technical reports and input for technical documents, publications and/or web pages.
- Provide technical, statistical and/or analytical services on various studies, projects and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Contribute to research on the linkages between social protection, agriculture, humanitarian assistance, climate action, gender equality and food security and nutrition.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in social protection, political science, economics, institutional development, social anthropology, gender or other relevant social sciences and related fields.
- 5 year’s relevant experience in socio-economic analysis, policy assistance, capacity building in relation to social protection, gender and rural development.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.