Deadline: 25 May 2016
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Grants Manager in New York, United States.
The Grants Manager will manage a large portfolio of private and public grants and contracts with an emphasis on donor compliance and reporting.
IPA is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Grants Manager will perform the following functions-
- Serve as the primary liaison with donors for awards within assigned portfolio.
- Review draft award agreements and coordinate internal approvals and signature and set up of awards in IPA systems, including creation of grant codes in financial system and maintenance of master agreement files and records in awards database.
- Serve as a primary resource for Country Office staff and Project teams on award terms and conditions to ensure compliance with Federal Government, private and public donor regulations.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements by tracking the terms and conditions of grants and contracts, including expense restrictions; and managing deliverable deadlines.
- Review, analyze and submit donor financial reports and invoices. Coordinate timely preparation and submission of technical reports per donor requirements.
- Monitor grant periods and spending trends and work with project teams to request and secure any award modifications on a timely basis.
- Support the business development team on proposal and budget preparation as requested, particularly for those involving federal funds.
- Ensure the timely processing of all grant closeouts.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, particularly business administration, finance, accounting.
- 4-7 years professional work experience including prior grants management, sponsored research and/or contract administration experience.
- Knowledge of federal regulations, particularly USAID and familiarity with basic accounting and financial reporting preferred.
- International development experience in Africa, Asia or Latin America helpful.
- Excellent computer proficiency, particularly in MS Excel and Sales force, Box and Google applications (Gmail, Drive).
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently; Ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Hands on attention to details with an ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IPA.