Deadline: 29 January 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Legal Aid Officer in Athens, Greece.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer (Warehouse) will perform the following functions:
- Work within the scope of DRC’s protection and integration activities and in close cooperation with the respective teams in Attica.
- Continuously monitor and document the needs of the Persons of Concern (PoC).
- Provide individual legal counselling and undertake case management of vulnerable third country nationals in procedures related to international protection and family re-unification.
- Provide legal assistance and liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documents to persons of concern (birth certificates, tax numbers, work permits etc).
- Identify protection and other support needs and refer them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers when/where appropriate.
- Deliver legal info sessions on the asylum procedures, civil and social rights and other integration-related issues in Greece.
- Coordination with other team colleagues, assist in overall case management and provision of support to vulnerable third country nationals
- Liaise with other legal aid service providers and maintain effective communication/collaboration.
Monitor and analyse the legal procedures, closely follow legal updates and practices for advocacy purposes.
- Document case studies, best practices and lessons learned from each of the activities implemented.
- Keep accurate records and report in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
Applicants must have:
- Law Degree and license to practice law in Greece.
- 3 year’s working experience as lawyer in a related field.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of international refugee law, EU asylum and migration law.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Greek skills.
- Working knowledge of French -Mandatory for at least one position.
- Working knowledge of Arabic, Farsi or Kurdish will be considered as an asset.
- Strong knowledge of protection issues related to vulnerable third country nationals.
- Capability of managing a high workload and juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others.
- Excellent communication skills as well as good report writing skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.