Deadline: 29 May 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Advisor in Athens, Greece. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Senior Advisor will be responsible for the overall implementation and day to day management of the programme ensuring policy and technical credibility.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Advisor will perform the following functions-
- To provide technical leadership to the project at large by identifying and harmonizing cross-cutting themes and maintaining consistency in policy and technical objectives and approaches taken in collaboration with governmental officials.
- To facilitate high level policy dialogue around knowledge and evidence and translate this into relevant policy options, strategies and documents as defined in the agreed upon programme of work.
- To oversee the management and allocation of resources for the efficient delivery of services and products.
- To oversee the recruitment and direct the consultants engaged for short-term, topic specific projects and initiatives in accordance with the Organization’s policies.
- To ensure that appropriate procedures are established and implemented for the monitoring and evaluation of work completed by consultants and contracted partners so as to be able to certify that work and services are satisfactory and accomplished in compliance with contractual agreements.
- To act as a first level supervisor for assigned staff – including the management of staff performance through regular reporting and evaluation, the regulation of workloads, and coordination with the Division regarding travel, holidays, and fund availability.
- To serve as the central focal point in the country on behalf of the Division of Health Systems and Public Health of WHO Regional Office for Europe on all matters pertaining to the SCUC project and beyond.
Applicants must have-
- University degree (Master’s level) in health management, public health, health policy, public administration, business management, organizational sciences from an accredited institution.
- PhD in any of the above or a combination of training, experience and relevant publications.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 3 years at the international level, and proven track record in health system strengthening and health financing and implementation of health reforms and institutional restructuring.
- Working experience within the World Health Organization or other UN agencies.
- Previous experience with EU-supported initiatives.
- Good command of the English language, with working knowledge of other WHO and/or EURO official languages.
- Knowledge of Greek language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.