Deadline: 18 January 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) in Athens, Greece.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) will perform the following functions:
- Become the expert of DRC Procurement Operational Handbook, Policies & DRC Dynamics (erp) manual for Procurement.
- Handle the procurement of goods, services & works ordered by the Country Office and/or Programme department, in a cost-effective and transparent manner, ensuring best value for money.
- Ensure that all procurement is done according to DRC policies/guidelines, and Donors relevant requirements.
- Handle the proper digital (Share Point) and hard copy filing of all procurement documentation following relevant SOPs.
- Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works informing all relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with Supply Chain / Logistics (Warehouse, Assets, Fleet) department to inform of upcoming deliveries etc.
- Work closely with Finance department for payment follow up.
- Work closely with Programmes department for continuous update on the requests raised.
- Update all Procurement and Contract Trackers, Suppliers list and any other Procurement reporting tool.
- Support for the preparation and implementation of DRC Dynamics (DRC ERP system) for the Supply Chain Procurement Module.
- Perform Procurement to Pay (P2P) activities in DRC Dynamics (erp) following implementation.
- Provide training and guidance to any new Supply Chain / Procurement and in general DRC employee on
- Procurement procedures and guidelines (preparation of presentations, staff inductions etc.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in business administration, or supply chain and/or procurement.
- Any other relevant certification will be of an added advantage.
- 4-5 year’s of previous relevant experience in Procurement.
- NGO experience in Procurement area is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Greek are required.
- Good numerical and IT skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point; experience in erp systems – Microsoft 365 – is highly desired).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize in the face of multiple tasks.
- Ability to be proactive and work systematically.
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also independently, if necessary.
- Flexibility and ability to cope with change.
- Ability to cope with high workload and under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.