Deadline: 1 September 2021
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Guatemala.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision to project staff, subcontractors and consultants.
- Lead regular work plan, budget and implementation reviews to facilitate the cost-effective and timely achievement of contract deliverables.
- Ensure project activities are completed in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and contract requirements.
- Oversee the production and submission of timely activity and financial reports to USAID, effectively and accurately communicating project progress, achievements, challenges and utilization of funds.
- Act as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
- Build and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
- Represent Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in a related field of study (e.g. environmental or civil engineering, business administration, governance, or environmental health etc.) is required.
- 10 year’s professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties in fields related to the successful implementation of projects, including Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) technical assistance, local governance, and/or private sector capacity building for improvement of WASH services in developing countries is required.
- Experience managing large, complex USAID-funded projects, preferably in Guatemala or the region.
- Experience with the Guatemala WASH sector is an asset.
- Proven experience in a leadership position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting is required.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
- Evidence of strong communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired.
- Professional Spanish and English fluency are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.