Deadline: 25 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Guatemala.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Research and analyze regional and national political, health, social and economic development trends. Collect, analyze, verify, and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design, and preparation.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to collect, analyze and share information on implementation issues.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Provide support in identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required education, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- Candidate with additional training in Education related topics, will have an advantage.
- Minimum 1 year’s professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Professional experience working for the public sector, UN, UNICEF or a non-profit organization will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of local languages will have an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.