Deadline : 10 December 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Operations Assistant in Guatemala.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Enter accounting transactions into the Chemonics accounting software (ABACUS) and submit transactions for the Finance Manager’s timely review.
- Prepare document packages for payment transactions including vouchers, checks, and online transfer forms in line with the field office Accounting Voucher Checklist.
- Receive and manage invoices from vendors to ensure timely payment by the project.
- Maintain systematic and organized physical and electronic finance files, including transaction package supporting documentation, in accordance with project and headquarters guidelines.
- Reconcile payments made through the Petty Cash ensuring that the necessary documentation is submitted correctly including invoices, receipts, and other supporting documentation.
- Assist the finance manager in providing accounting information to and liaising with the project’s local accounting firms for both the Guatemala and Honduras offices.
- Track staff travel advances and expense reports to ensure that they are settled in a timely manner and complete an initial review of the back-up documents package.
- Support the finance manager in conducting regular reviews of the finance files and in prompt implementation of any changes needed based on the review findings.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, or a related field.
- 2 year’s of relevant working experience including accounting, financial management, procurement, operations.
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects, preferably with responsibilities in finance, procurement, or operations, highly preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID financial and management systems, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to collaborate productively within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality with sensitive information and a high level of professionalism.
- Fluency written and oral Spanish is required, English communication skills highly preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.