Deadline: 17 October 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Guatemala.
The Programme Assistant will support the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Compile data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepare and maintain records pertaining to programme planning and development for applicants respective section.
- Arrange meetings, workshops and training courses pertaining to programme development, and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements.
- Provide support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Compile and organize data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carrie out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for applicants section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Support the processing of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section.
- Support capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records.
Applicants must have –
- Completion of secondary education.
- Technical or university courses in administration, budget, finance or related to the work of the organization will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Experience in an international, multicultural or multinational organization will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.