Deadline: 5 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Representative Operations in Bissau, Guinea Bissau.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Representative Operations will perform the following functions:
- Valuing People:
- Lead, manage and develop people resources to promote technical competence and foster career progression and retention of a “fit for purpose”/ agile workforce.
- Promote an environment of management excellence, staff well-being and accessibility and inclusion through implementation of strategies, policies, procedures.
- Valuing Money:
- Champion strategic resources to achieve organizational goals and ensure Value for Money (VfM).
- Optimize identification and use of resources in various concrete Value for Money (VfM) areas, including eco-efficiency and inclusivity, common premises, costing, results-based budgeting financial monitoring etc.
- Valuing Risk Management:
- Enhance Risk Management to increase organizational performance and strengthen internal control.
- Ensure the office is equipped with the right skills and tools and up-to-date information to make operational and programmatic risk informed decisions and improve performance, with the support of the enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance (eGRC) platform.
- Valuing Systems and Structures:
- Ensure further operational centralization and optimization for maximized efficiency gains.
- Review key Operations processes to minimize cost, simplify and reduce duplication of work and maximize efficiencies while creating an environment of smarter controls to render the organization agile, resilient and ready to respond to programme needs.
- Valuing Partners:
- Strengthen internal and external-facing partnerships and leveraging UNICEF’s oversight and understanding of financial management across all areas of the office.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following areas is required Business management, Financial management, Accounting, Public Finance, and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.) or a full professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CPFA, Expert Comptable) from an internationally recognized institute/body of accountancy with valid membership in good standing.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience at the national and international level, is required, specifically in implementing strategic organizational initiatives in one or more operations management area including budget financial management and reporting facilities management administration supply and logistics management, information and communication technology, human resources.
- Prior experience working with or in the private sector, and supporting private sector fundraising, is desirable
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of Portuguese is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.