Deadline: 6 October 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Agriculture Disaster Risk Management Specialist in Georgetown, Guyana. The duration of this post is 6 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Agriculture Disaster Risk Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Identify stakeholders for the needs assessment consultation and organize meetings/workshops.
- Develop and administer the assessment instruments to stakeholders.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis to identify disaster risk management challenges and weaknesses in the agriculture sector in Guyana and provide recommendations for its improvement that can be addressed through this project and/or be packaged as part of future resource mobilization efforts.
- Present Needs Assessment results and report in a concise manner.
- Support the trainings on Good Agriculture/Climate Resilient Practices conducted by the other project partners to ensure integration of DRM aspects/topics.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Climate Change/Environmental Sciences, Disaster Risk Management, agriculture/livestock/fisheries and/or related subjects.
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in climate change capacity development, mainstreaming and programming.
- Knowledge of the Agriculture sector and Disaster risk management in Guyana as it relates to the effects of climate change about adaptation /resilience and mitigation.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Guyana.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.