Deadline: 4 November 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Technical Assistant for FO4ACP Programme in Guyana. The duration of this post is 4 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Technical Assistant for FO4ACP Programme will perform the following functions-
- Review of normative and institutional frameworks towards the Family Farming sector in Guyana
- Identification of common criteria that characterizes the sector of the Family Farming in the country.
- Compilation and systematization of main public investment initiatives related to family farming in the country based on a review of primary (interviews with national officers and other relevant stakeholders) secondary sources such as the FAOLEX platform, sector studies, FAO reports, among others.
- Develop the initial strategy for the FO4ACP Training and Technical Assistance Programme
- Establish the terms of reference for the selection process, identifying the criteria and the information to be provided by the applicants.
- Elaborate the concept note for a national workshop to share the results of the Report on the review of normative and institutional frameworks towards the Family Farming sector.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree in Development Studies, Food Security, Agriculture, Fisheries, Gender Studies, Economics, Political Sciences, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience in rural development and work with producers and civil society organizations.
- Working knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Guyana.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.