Deadline: 16 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Assistant in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The duration of this post is 6 Months.
The Communications Assistant will support leadership and equal participation of women and men in laws, political party policies and programs.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support for formulating and implementing internal and external communications and advocacy strategies.
- Help identify scenarios for publications and articles that contribute to the debate on key development issues.
- Follow the preparation, printing and distribution of documents giving instructions to authors, printers, graphic designers, etc.
- Maintenance of websites, databases and knowledge management systems.
- Prepare / check the contents of spaces in Haiti related to lines in the UN system websites Women at global and regional levels to ensure consistency of materials.
- Ensuring the posting of information communication / office visibility through social networks and web spaces of UN Women at the global, regional and national.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Significantly contribute to the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to program objectives and country activities.
- Completion of any other task or assignment that may be entrusted to the achievement of organizational objectives.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in Communication / Marketing / Public Relations.
- At least 5 years experience in the field of Communication / Marketing / Public Relations.
- Very good knowledge of the medium of communication in Haiti.
- Very good knowledge of the medium of the press in Haiti.
- Experience in terms of communication strategy design.
- Proven experience in operative communication coordination.
- Experience in a public institution.
- Experience in designing and updating websites / social networks.
- Fluency in French and Creole.
- Knowledge of English and / or Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.