Deadline: 1 July 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Officer in Haiti. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Emergency Officer will be responsible to emergencies, especially to outbreaks of cholera in the framework of the support of UNICEF in the National Plan Elimination.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide a quick technical assistance in the implementation of the initial stages of the response plan.
- Contribute to the assessment of the adequacy of the contingency plan from the crisis and provide the assistance required to make the necessary adjustments.
- Contribute to the administrative and financial monitoring of partnerships Emergency section.
- Perform programmatic monitoring activities on the ground.
- Ensure financial and narrative reporting section of partners.
- Contribute to technical support for partners, as state and civil society.
- Coordinate with the various sections of programs to mobilize donors around emergency response and rehabilitation operations.
- Participate in the integration of risk reduction strategies disasters within the office.
- Perform potential project monitoring missions and supports the sections in the monitoring of progress.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals and the fundraising process.
- Collection of best practices and contributes to the analysis and documentation of lessons learned, resulting from the implementation of the emergency plan and reduction of risks associated with disasters.
- Contribute to the identification of long-term needs for emergency interventions.
Applicants must have-
- University degree (minimum license) in social sciences, public administration, law, public health, nutrition, international relations, business administration or other related field.
- 2 years of professional experience relevant work in program development / humanitarian aid projects, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and project administration.
- Experiment answers projects in public health, water and sanitation in emergencies, highly desired.
- Additional training in planning and management of emergency projects, highly desired.
- Experience in facilitating workshops/adult training, an asset.
- Program management experience/projects with UN agencies/international development institutions, an asset.
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken) required.
- Mastery of Haitian Creole is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.