Deadline: 17 July 2016
Cesvi is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Mission in Port au Prince, Haiti. The duration of this post is 8 months.
The Head of Mission will be responsible to supervise and support the project activities as to liaise with actors and seek funding opportunities.
Cesvi mission is to help the underprivileged in developing countries, or those in difficulty due to war, natural calamities and environmental disasters, does not help only those who suffer, but contributes also to the well-being of all of us on the planet, our “common home” that needs to be looked after for the sake of future generations.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Mission will perform the following functions-
- Be the legal representative in the Country, complying all the tasks and the legal duties.
- Manage liaisons with local, national, and international actors (governmental entities, European cooperation, UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, private sector and civil society associations and other stakeholders), with special attention to Alliance2015 members.
- Produce planning or strategic documents, including related financial provisions under the supervision of the Desk Officer at Headquarters level.
- Ensure the elaboration of trimonthly internal reports to be submitted to the Desk Officer on achievements, projects, problems encountered, pertinent developments, and strategic needs.
- Be involved in visibility actions taken by Cesvi headquarters in order to promote in-Country activities and to raise funds accordingly.
- Attend meetings with UN Agencies representatives, EU representatives, local and international NGOs officers, private sector and civil society representatives, whenever required.
- Seek funding possibilities and create project proposals for private and public donors, according to Cesvi Country strategy.
- Supervise all activities related to project management, including administration, accounting, procurement (in accordance with Cesvi rules and regulations), staffing and reporting.
- Guarantee clear documentation of all project activities, through reports and other visibility tools, as required and agreed upon with Cesvi headquarters and the donor.
- Support the Local partners (national organization) whenever necessary for the successful implementation of the House of Smiles’ activities.
Applicants must have-
- Master degree in economics, agronomy, political science, international affairs, or other related field.
- Post graduate qualifications in management or related field, desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in foreign countries and agricultural, livelihoods, or other related development projects.
- Proven experience in project writing (from need assessment to final presentation).
- Prior experience in Haiti, desirable.
- Experience in administrative management, desirable.
- Excellent abilities in dealing with donors for presentation and negotiation of project proposals.
- Knowledge of major donors and their requirements.
- Knowledge in procurement procedures.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Fluency in French (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of English and Italian, desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Cesvi.