Deadline: 23 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Coordinator in Port Salut, Haiti. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The National Project Coordinator will manage all operational aspects, progress and implementation, identifies operational problems and assists in resolving them by taking appropriate action, drafting required correspondence to parties concerned and preparing reports.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Prepare planning and ensuring timely implementation and effective monitoring.
- General operations troubleshooting and notify PM on anticipated delays or any operations related issues that arises.
- Lead the technical components of the project, including all structural components.
- Prepare and carry out a quality assurance plan.
- Monitor partner contracts and ensures activities are in line with the Grant Support Agreement, schedule and proposal/concept/work plan.
- Regularly review project status, evaluating performance criteria (scope, cost, schedule and quality) and measuring the Country Office’s KPIs.
- Develop, track and maintain dependencies.
- Perform routine maintenance and implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation systems of programme and project activities, in line with logical frameworks.
- Provide editorial support to programmes and projects, ensuring effective and timely dissemination of reports, in line with project documentation and clients’ expectations.
- Provide the Programme Managers with necessary programme analysis reports and information to support areas relevant to the project management teams (i.e. Procurement needs.).
- Responsible for timely delivery of the expected outputs in relations to operations.
- Provide support in any relevant administrative and operational efforts of the Program as requested by the PM.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in sociology, programme management, engineering, business administration or any other related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with relevant years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- 5 years of progressive experience.
- Experience in the administration, engineering coordination, environmental management and implementation of monitoring evaluation.
- Experience in working in South Haiti an asset.
- Experience in environmental projects an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.