Deadline: 7 July 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Advisor, Clinical Management of Infectious Hazards in Washington, D.C., United States.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Advisor, Clinical Management of Infectious Hazards will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical advice and guidance to Member States related to the health care system’s response during epidemics and pandemics with particular focus on clinical management and infection prevention and control;
- Develop and update technical guidelines and provide guidance on clinical management of patients with pandemic and epidemic diseases for use of national health authorities, medical personnel and pertinent stakeholders;
- Implement and manage an interactive information network with various counterparts and develop tools and materials to train health care workers to detect and respond to epidemics;
- Provide technical advice for the implementation of the program of work on Infection Prevention and Control and develop technical cooperation activities to strengthen national infection prevention and control programs;
- Advise and support Member States to develop and implement strategic plans to strengthen regional and national response capacity for the management of clinical activities during outbreaks, including infection prevention and control;
- Collaborate with other expert groups to foster research on innovative clinical aspects of infectious hazards, and organize clinical technical working groups, identifying experts, establishing objectives, composition, leadership, and timeliness; support the work of these groups;
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in medicine and a master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, infectious diseases or in any other field related to the functions of the post, from a recognized institution.
- PhD in epidemiology, public health, infectious diseases or a related field from a recognized institution would be an asset
- 9 year’s of combined national and international experience in activities related to medical or clinical management/research of infectious diseases, especially in outbreak settings, and practical experience adapting clinical management guidance and training for healthcare workers and clinicians.
- Experience in surveillance of epidemic infectious diseases would be an asset.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.