Deadline: 13 September 2018
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Child Survival & Development in Dili, Timor-Leste.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Child Survival & Development will perform the following functions-
- Lead and provide technical support to ensure the timely preparation and completion of the relevant components (e.g., Health, Nutrition, WASH, HIV/AIDS) of the Situational Analysis and its periodic update through accurate monitoring and analysis and timely preparation and finalization of sectoral input.
- Formulate sectoral programme goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Ensure the integration of the sectoral programme with other UNICEF sectors in all stages of the programming process.
- Provide technical support to government and non-government organizations at the national and provincial levels in the planning, development and implementation stages of the programmes/projects.
- Evaluate the impact of the Health, Nutrition and WASH in communities/CLTS results and achievement of targeted goals.
- Ensure that objectives and targets are timely met and achieved, by providing advice, guidance oversight, coordination, and support to professional and support staff.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Public Health and Nutrition (preferably with specialized training in public health and nutrition planning, health and nutrition education, WASH in communities/CLTS, health care system management, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunization, or epidemiology), Child Development, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- 8 years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition and WASH programmes relevant to child survival, health & nutrition care and WASH in communities/CLTS.
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in health, nutrition, and child survival & health care.
- Knowledge of local language and another UN language is an asset.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.