Deadline: 11 January 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief Child Survival & Development in Asmara, Eritrea.
The Chief Child Survival & Development will be accountable for effective technical leadership, management guidance and programme support to facilitate the application and adaptation of UNICEF policies and strategies to achieve programme goals, including national and global goals.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Child Survival & Development will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic leadership, guidance, knowledge and direction for programme management and evaluation of the child survival and development programme.
- Formulate sector programme results and develop strategies with special focus on the most disadvantaged children and women.
- Supervise preparation of the sector inputs to the Country Programme Document (CPD) and related documents, such as the CSD Strategic Note and Annual Work Plan (AWP) and the Eritrea/UN Strategic Partnership Cooperation Framework and formulates effective health, nutrition and WASH goals, strategy, planning, and monitoring compliance.
- In line with UNICEF CCC, leads and prepares the child survival component of the Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan (EWEA, HAC CERF).
- Monitor developments at the international and regional levels.
- Develop methodologies and new approaches for improving programme effectiveness and managing for performance and efficiency.
- In coordination and collaboration with colleagues, establishes and develops effective information and reporting systems to monitor and evaluate the impact of the CSD programme and achievement of targeted results.
- Ensure the development of effective communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and social mobilization efforts.
- Participate in programme meetings and in consultations at the regional and country levels to exchange knowledge, ideas, and approaches.
- Conduct field assessment visits for evaluating programme effectiveness, identifying problems and instituting remedial measures.
- Ensure effective integration, innovative approaches and provides technical assistance and guidance to the Health, Nutrition and WASH Specialists.
- Prepare and submit timely and quality progress/status reports for management, donors, budget reviews, programme monitoring and evaluation, and annual reports.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Public Health (Preferably with specialized training in health care system management, disease prevention, immunization, Civil/Sanitary Engineering or a related technical field), Child development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- 8 years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring, and evaluation, in a related field relevant to child survival and health care.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) required.
- Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station or another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.