Deadline: 23 March 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Health and Nutrition in Bujumbura, Burundi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief Health and Nutrition will perform the following functions-
- Timely and quality sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis, its periodic update, and all programme documents to formulate effective Health & Nutrition goals, strategy, and project planning and development.
- Integrated Health & Nutrition strategies, methodologies and innovative approaches are developed and implemented based on results-based approach and Human Rights framework by broad participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
- Technical support is provided to government and non-government organizations at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- Monitoring and evaluation of programme performance is properly undertaken for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery.
- Work plan and objectives are effectively established, performance is managed, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong programme management leadership.
Applicants must have-
- An Advanced university degree in Public Health and Nutrition (preferably with specialized training in public health and nutrition planning, health and nutrition education, health care system management, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunization, or epidemiology), Child Development, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 8 of relevant professional experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health and nutrition programmes relevant to child survival, health & nutrition care. Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in health, nutrition, and child survival & health care.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.