Deadline: 26 December 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief – Market, Supply and Financing Centre, Supply Division in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief – Market, Supply and Financing Centre, Supply Division will perform the following functions:
- Effective leadership and managerial guidance and coordination provided to ensure the achievement of goals.
- Manage a team of experts to develop strategies that drive UNICEF’s work to positively influence key supply markets and improve and sustain access to essential supplies.
- Lead the development of and provide advice to management on commercial terms relating to improved market dynamics (eg, price, competition, etc.) including as an input to procurement strategies and special contracts for key products, with health products as a priority.
- Support internal and external work on Bridge Financing and other Innovative Financing mechanisms with the objective of helping improve operational timeliness and/or market dynamics.
- Perform commercial and market analysis for key markets, and lead internal review to inform strategic market shaping interventions.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree, preferably in Health Economics, Economics, Business, Health Financing or related field.
- University Degree with 3 additional relevant year’s experience in market shaping may be considered in lieu of Advanced University Degree.
- 10 year’s relevant professional work experience including with market shaping, procurement of strategic health commodities, health economics, and health care product categories relevant to UNICEF’s Strategic Plan.
- Experience in market analysis, pricing and/or commercial issue relating to health products in public or private sector, as well as ability to work on quantitative analytic approaches in products and markets, with a proven track record of applying this to shape procurement strategies and inform decision making.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.