Deadline: 13 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief WASH in Mogadishu, Somalia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Chief WASH will perform the following functions:
- Programme/project Planning, Development and Management.
- Manage effectively programme/project, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management by supervising, coordinating, or supporting the timely completion of the SituationalAnalysis and its periodic update through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input.
- Ensure timely submission.
- Monitor developments at the international, regional and provincial levels; develop methodologies and new approaches for improving WASH programme effectiveness.
- Provide seasoned technical recommendations and advice on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
- Ensure inclusion and delivery on sectoral leadership responsibilities including leadership and facilitation of the IASC WASH Cluster.
- Promotion of UNICEF Global Goals.
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through advocacy and policy dialogue in the WASH sector through active engagement in communication, networking and participation at every opportunity inside and outside UNICEF, leveraging the strength of UNICEF mission, goals and programmes, and with reference to the WASH Strategy.
- Knowledge Management.
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned.
- Promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the country.
- Ensure the effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced/Master’s University Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication)will be an asset.
- 10 year’s of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN and/or other international development organization, national government or the private sector.
- Proven ability to manage large programmes including staffing and budgets, with clear results.
- Field work experience.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach preferable.
- Fluency in English is required with knowledge of another UN language considered as an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.