Deadline: 30 March 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Child Protection Officer in Brasilia, Brazil.
The Child Protection Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for child protection programs/projects within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate program development, implementation, program progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Child Protection Officer will perform the following functions-
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of child protection related programs/projects.
- Research and report on development trends and (economic, social, health etc) data for use in program development, management, monitoring, evaluation and delivery of results.
- Prepare required program documentations/materials/data to facilitate the program review and approval process.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
- Prepare regular/mandated sectoral program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for child protection programs.
- Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in Health, international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law or other social science field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in social development planning and management in child protection and/other related areas at the international and/or in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in child protection and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.