Deadline: 25 August 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Community Sanitation and Hygiene Officer in Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Community Sanitation and Hygiene Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective WASH programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Draft sound WASH programme budgets for review by the supervisor, including concrete steps to enhance emergency preparedness and response.
- Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through evidence base approach and implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply and emergency assistance and WASH programme status.
- Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in WASH project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment (for both development and emergency orientated activities) as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other programme documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that WASH programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information and database.
- Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation office on maintaining a gender & equity focus in WASH data collection and reporting.
Applicants must have –
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University degree in 1 of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: University (first) degree in public health, social sciences, behaviour change communication, sanitary engineering or other specialist field related to WASH is required.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), is preferable.
- 2 years of Community Sanitation and Hygiene work experience in the UN or other international development organization or private sector (for IP) and national government and field work experience (for NO).
- Fluency English and Tok Pisin.
- Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.