Deadline: 17 August 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator, Health Systems in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Coordinator, Health Systems will perform the following functions-
- Support health policy development, assist technical consultation and policy dialogues by developing good relations with relevant Member State counterparts (Ministry of Health and other ministries).
- Support the Ministry of Health in regular policy dialogues, reviews and assessments and evaluate the implementation of health policies together with other relevant health partners.
- Coordinate and advocate for health systems issues (UHC and health-related Sustainable Development Goals) with UN agencies, donors and other development partners in the country and find synergies.
- Represent WHO position with Government and other development partners, including deputizing for the Head of WHO Country Office/WHO Representative when required.
- Assist the Head of WHO Country Office/WHO Representative in convening health partner meetings and promote networking.
- Contribute to and coordinate WHO inputs to the United Nations Development Assistance Framework and its implementation. Promote the development and implementation of UN joint programmes.
- Provide policy advice to the Head of WHO Country Office/WHO Representative through review and analysis of documents, strategies and business needs related to health policy and governance (situation analysis, priority setting, costing and budgeting the plan, monitoring and evaluation).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Postgraduate degree in public health particularly on health systems, health policy, health planning and management, health financing or health economics.
- Training in public policy, development studies, health service development, health financing, health policy and management, programme evaluation.
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing public health programmes or health services planning and development with experience at international level and at least 5 years at senior level.
- Expert knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Working knowledge of other UN languages.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.