Deadline: 17 August 2017
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Coordinator, Health Systems in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Coordinator, Health Systems will perform the following functions-
- Support health policy development, assist technical consultation and policy dialogues by developing good relations with relevant Member State counterparts (Ministry of Health and other ministries).
- Support the Ministry of Health in regular policy dialogues, reviews and assessments and evaluate the implementation of health policies together with other relevant health partners.
- Coordinate and advocate for health systems issues (UHC and health-related Sustainable Development Goals) with UN agencies, donors and other development partners in the country and find synergies.
- Represent WHO position with Government and other development partners, including deputizing for the Head of WHO Country Office/WHO Representative when required.
- Assist the Head of WHO Country Office/WHO Representative in convening health partner meetings and promote networking.
- Contribute to and coordinate WHO inputs to the United Nations Development Assistance Framework and its implementation. Promote the development and implementation of UN joint programmes.
- Provide policy advice to the Head of WHO Country Office/WHO Representative through review and analysis of documents, strategies and business needs related to health policy and governance (situation analysis, priority setting, costing and budgeting the plan, monitoring and evaluation).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Postgraduate degree in public health particularly on health systems, health policy, health planning and management, health financing or health economics.
- Training in public policy, development studies, health service development, health financing, health policy and management, programme evaluation.
- Minimum 10 years experience in managing public health programmes or health services planning and development with experience at international level and at least 5 years at senior level.
- Expert knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Working knowledge of other UN languages.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.