Deadline : 16 June 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Director in Cameroon.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Deputy Country Director will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical oversight and supervision of the Forecasting and Supply Planning (FASP) and Laboratory Logistics Teams, the Commodity Tracking Unit, the CENAME-based warehouse & distribution senior advisor and the region-based logistics officers in fulfilling TO1 supply chain services.
- Provide strategic guidance to the technical teams and promote best practices i to improve FASP, procurement, warehousing and inventory management, and last-mile delivery (LMD) of HIV commodities.
- Ensure that annual quantifications are conducted, supply plans updated, and stakeholders effectively informed about order status.
- Supervise and mentor technical staff to ensure continual professional development that supports the achievement of overall project goals.
- Spearhead the implementation of the LMD model to improve availability of HIV commodities within tPEPFAR-supported sites.
- Provide guidance to the region-based logistics officers for quality assurance in the use of the RFHP for storage and the 3PL for LMD. Conduct regional travel to participate in spot-checks during LMD and provide inputs to defining solutions to correct all non-conformance observed.
- Work closely with field-office departments to periodically evaluate project progress against work plan and budget, identify issues and risks related to timely implementation, and undertake appropriate interventions to meet work plan objectives and client requests.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in public health, pharmacy, supply chain, logistics, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the same fields plus an additional 5 year’s of work experience beyond the required 8 year’s below.
- Minimum 8 year’s providing technical guidance and oversight in one or more of the following supply chain management areas: quantification and supply planning, procurement and logistics, and/or systems strengthening.
- Ability to create efficiencies and lead the implementation of large, complex public health programs, preferably with experience in medical procurement, logistics, or supply chain management.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor performance against key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated ability to apply supply chain management best practices and innovations to donor-funded programs.
- Fluency in French required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.