Deadline : 20 July 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Country Director in Liberia.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Country Director will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of the GHSC-PSM Liberia Work Plan and technical activities in support of the Liberia Ministry of Health.
- Provide leadership to the Supply Chain Management, Health System Strengthening and Strategic Information Management teams to support end-to-end visibility and public health supply chain operations within the GHSC-PSM Liberia mandate.
- Provide leadership in health commodities product selection, forecasting and supply planning, procurement and international freight monitoring to improve availability of health commodities procured by USAID, Ministry of Health and others donors support procurement of health products in Liberia.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, public health and/or supply chain management or equivalent required with minimum 10 year’s relevant experience and 5 year’s at leadership level.
- Technical experience within health supply chain programs overseeing two or more of these technical areas required: forecasting and supply planning, health commodity procurement, warehousing and distribution, logistics management information system, supply chain management capacity building.
- Good understanding of two or more of these health program areas required: Malaria, Family Planning, Maternal Newborn and Child Health Program and/or HIV/AIDS Program.
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting health supply chain data for decision making required.
- Advanced computing skills in Microsoft Office suites (MS Word, PowerPoint and MS Excel).
- Experience working in health supply chain management projects in developing countries preferred.
- Experience engaging with senior government officials, donors, implementing partners in cultivating, maintaining and managing relationships preferred.
- Previous experience providing mentorship and capacity building to staff members preferred.
- Previous experience as deputy country director or country director with USAID-funded project preferred.
- Fluency in oral and written English Language required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.