Deadline: 18 October 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director, Evidence and Intelligence for Action in Health in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director, Evidence and Intelligence for Action in Health will perform the following-
- Lead, manage and provide strategic, technical and programmatic direction for the development of policies, frameworks, standards, tools, norms and strategies to improve data management and analysis, forecasting and scenario setting within the Organization.
- Oversee the review and analysis of the Organization’s data ecosystem.
- Oversee the delivery of technical cooperation to Member States in data science and management, information systems, information and communication technologies for health, informed evidence – based and digital health, in collaboration with other Departments, Country Offices, partners, the network of collaborating centers.
- Devise, plan, promote, coordinate the implementation of activities on priority issues pertaining to the gathering of strategic information and intelligence and the development of research uptake and evidence-informed policies, and their application to the health priorities of Member States.
- Guide the implementation of the Information Systems for Health strategy, including the assessment of the level of maturity of the national information systems for health.
- Provide leadership to guide staff and motivate teams in a multicultural environment, and ensure continuous training and development of staff; including guidance and monitoring of staff through setting of clear work objectives, use of performance reviews and feedback mechanisms, regular communications, and solving interpersonal or technical conflicts.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in a health, social or management science and a master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Computer Science, Data Science Management, Biostatistics, Information Systems, Health Analytics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Ph.D. in epidemiology, public health, health information or related field would be an asset.
- 15 years of combined national and international experience in a senior health analysis position, primarily within a public health setting.
- Experience in building and leading practices for formulating and implementing health data management, measurement and analysis and evidence-based health data science organizations.
- Proven experience in advising senior and executive management, as well as experience managing data and analytics teams, and driving change within a large, complex organization.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish, with a working knowledge of the other.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.