Deadline: 17 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Health Product Policy and Standards in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Director, Health Product Policy and Standards will perform the following functions:
- Lead the Department in providing technical expertise to Member States and other Stakeholders with guidance and technical data required for the development, implementation, and monitoring of national and / or global policies and programmes.
- Provide the overall leadership, management accountability, and direction of the Department in delivering its objectives through managing and galvanizing a diverse workforce and financial resources to optimize the department deliverables and mandate.
- Provide senior level technical advice and expertise to Senior Management in the area of assigned responsibilities in order to position the Department and Organization as a leader in the respective area.
- Direct and lead overall establishment and development of the Department’s evidence-based policies and strategies for roll out and delivery for Regional and Country Office implementation.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the Department’s area of work to ensure development of key performance indicators and global reporting requirements and mechanisms to ensure optimal performance of Department deliverables.
- Serves as the scientific/technical reference among UN Agencies and other key players in the respective areas.
- Promote the integration of Regional Country Office perspectives and operational capacities into the Department’s programme area of work.
- Build strong partnerships and fosters consensus building with External Partners, Member States, UN Agencies, Donor, cutting edge research institutions and other stakeholders in the subject area to politically position the technical area of work and implementation into national and/or global policies.
- Represent the Organization and Department area of work in a diverse array of global fora to position WHO as a leader in the global health community.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in medicine, pharmacy or other health science, plus post-graduate training (Master or PhD level) in a health science, or public health, or (health) economics or management.
- Formal training in public health issues, i.e. epidemiology, statistics, monitoring / evaluation, or economic issues.
- At least 15 year’s experience in managing access to medicines and health products policies and regulations, of which at least 5 year’s relevant experience at senior international level and at least 5 year’s at senior level with a national level authority.
- Experience in interacting with high-level government, multilateral and bilateral agencies and funding partners, in supporting national ministries in assessing gaps to access to safe, efficacious, affordable and quality assured medicines and health products and developing options for policy and strategy development to address these.
- Experience in working with recognized international expert groups, networks and associations in the relevant subject matter.
- Experience in advocacy and resource mobilization with the international funders’ community, including other UN agencies, development organizations, NGOs and the private sector.
- Experience in working with quality management programmes, initiatives and tools.
- Experience of managing programmes and staff in a matrix environment.
- Experience at country level in a low or middle-income country in a national institution in either public health and of working with civil society organizations.
- Experience of working in the international system and demonstrated knowledge of working in or with WHO.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of UN Language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.