Deadline: 17 March 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Health Product Policy and Standards in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 24 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Director, Health Product Policy and Standards will perform the following functions:
- Lead the Department in providing technical expertise to Member States and other Stakeholders with guidance and technical data required for the development, implementation, and monitoring of national and / or global policies and programmes.
- Provide the overall leadership, management accountability, and direction of the Department in delivering its objectives through managing and galvanizing a diverse workforce and financial resources to optimize the department deliverables and mandate.
- Provide senior level technical advice and expertise to Senior Management in the area of assigned responsibilities in order to position the Department and Organization as a leader in the respective area.
- Direct and lead overall establishment and development of the Department’s evidence-based policies and strategies for roll out and delivery for Regional and Country Office implementation.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the Department’s area of work to ensure development of key performance indicators and global reporting requirements and mechanisms to ensure optimal performance of Department deliverables.
- Serves as the scientific/technical reference among UN Agencies and other key players in the respective areas.
- Promote the integration of Regional Country Office perspectives and operational capacities into the Department’s programme area of work.
- Build strong partnerships and fosters consensus building with External Partners, Member States, UN Agencies, Donor, cutting edge research institutions and other stakeholders in the subject area to politically position the technical area of work and implementation into national and/or global policies.
- Represent the Organization and Department area of work in a diverse array of global fora to position WHO as a leader in the global health community.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in medicine, pharmacy or other health science, plus post-graduate training (Master or PhD level) in a health science, or public health, or (health) economics or management.
- Formal training in public health issues, i.e. epidemiology, statistics, monitoring / evaluation, or economic issues.
- At least 15 year’s experience in managing access to medicines and health products policies and regulations, of which at least 5 year’s relevant experience at senior international level and at least 5 year’s at senior level with a national level authority.
- Experience in interacting with high-level government, multilateral and bilateral agencies and funding partners, in supporting national ministries in assessing gaps to access to safe, efficacious, affordable and quality assured medicines and health products and developing options for policy and strategy development to address these.
- Experience in working with recognized international expert groups, networks and associations in the relevant subject matter.
- Experience in advocacy and resource mobilization with the international funders’ community, including other UN agencies, development organizations, NGOs and the private sector.
- Experience in working with quality management programmes, initiatives and tools.
- Experience of managing programmes and staff in a matrix environment.
- Experience at country level in a low or middle-income country in a national institution in either public health and of working with civil society organizations.
- Experience of working in the international system and demonstrated knowledge of working in or with WHO.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of UN Language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.