Deadline: 6 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Emergency Health Officer in Khartoum, Sudan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Emergency Health Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate with the Health team to provide timely and quality sectoral analysis, and contribute to the provision of evidence-based input for the preparation of Sudan’s Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and the development of Sudan’s Humanitarian Response Plans (HRP) and their periodic updates through the Health Cluster.
- Technical support is provided to government and non-government organizations at all stages of the humanitarian planning cycle, including capacity building support for UNICEF Health response including the response to COVID-19.
- Support regular strategic monitoring of the humanitarian response for Health including for COVID-19 through collaboration with Field Teams to ensure timely receipt of all Needs Assessments, analysis and provision of feedback and technical assistance for development of timely response actions.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Bachelor’s degree in Health, development or social sciences or any related technical field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Health programs in emergencies, and minimum of overall three years of working experience in the field of public health.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Good communication and advocacy skills and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with the skills of developing good peer relationships.
- Analytical, monitoring, decision-making and teamwork skills.
- Computer skills including various office applications.
- Nationality of Sudan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF