Deadline: 5 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Environmental Health Officer in Lilongwe, Malawi. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Environmental Health Officer will be responsible to provide technical support to the country in planning, monitoring and evaluation environmental health interventions with a focus on water, sanitation and hygiene in the context of Climate variability and change.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Environmental Health Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure the integration of health and environment dimensions into public health and sustainable development policies and plans, including those related to the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Provide technical support to MOH and other sectors to develop their technical and institutional capacities for the implementation of primary prevention interventions, particularly those related to safety of drinking water, safe sanitation, waste management, air pollution, malaria and other vector borne diseases management.
- Support countries to develop and implement national plans of adaptation to Climate change (HNAPs) in the context of The United Nation Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Support Capacity building initiatives in the area of environmental health and Climate Service Actions.
- Develop and disseminate technical guidelines for healthy settings initiatives (healthy cities, healthy markets, healthy schools, healthy villages etc.) and work with municipalities in the preparation and implementation of action plans on their healthy settings initiatives.
- The incumbent will also ensure the deployment of integrated health and environment management strategies as healthy settings and promote community mobilization and participation in national and local healthy settings initiatives.
- Monitor, evaluate and report country progress on climate change and health related activities, particularly the achievement of millennium development goals related to improving access to safe drinking water, sanitation, malaria and other vector borne diseases management, and support nutrition improvement strategies.
- Support research to assess Climate change, health and environmental linkages and their policy implications, particularly, the use of climate services in disease surveillance.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the WR.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- An advanced degree in a relevant field; e.g. Public Health, Civil or Public Health Engineering, Health Promotion, Environmental Health Science; Biological Sciences.
- Post graduate degree in Public health would be an asset.
- 5 years of experience in the management of health and environment programmes.
- Fluency in English, Chichewa and Tumbuka are required.
- Computer literacy with a sound knowledge of the access software and basic skills in programming.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.