Deadline: 28 February 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field M&E Specialist in Cox Bazaar, Bangladesh.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Field M&E Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Results Based Management
- Provide ongoing oversight, verify and report back on the sectoral standards of different DFID funded and UNOS managed projects, with a particular focus WASH, Health and Education projects and their output and outcome-level results.
- Flag and follow-up where planned results are not being achieved, and the reasons for these – working with the rest of the UNOPS team and others as appropriate.
- Monitoring of data, qualitative information and report writing
- In liaison with SHPR M&E team develop monitoring systems to track project outputs related to WASH, Health and Education and programme quality.
- Utilize and analyze monitoring and evaluation statistical data to understand the overall progress in reaching project outcomes.
- Contribute with technical expertise to DFID funded multi-sectoral projects predominantly WASH, Health and Education.
- Provide feedback and analysis on the relevance, effectiveness and sustainability of project interventions to the needs of the community.
- Provide information to the Field Fund Manager and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist on the contribution of the SHPR to the overall Rohingya and Host Community Response.
- Examine and advise on programme quality and outcomes, and partners’ compliance with all relevant standards and safeguards.
- Capacity Building and Learning
- Conduct sessions with partners to provide feedback on the fieldwork findings, agree on remedial action and monitor the implementation of the action plan.
- Provide training and capacity building to SHPR staff and partners to cover identified gaps.
- Provide orientation to internal and external users of new systems and tools implemented.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master´s equivalent) in social sciences and / or discipline relevant to International Development work in social sectors with a preference for wash, health and education related discipline is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with additional 2 year’s of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree.
- Certificate in Project Management or relevant training / experience in programme implementation on wash, health and education, monitoring and evaluation, communications, management and programme administration will be an advantage.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience related to humanitarian response and development in the field is required.
- At least 2 year’s of experience in the multi-sectoral development field with a focus on wash, health and education related discipline preferably with International Organisations, UN, International NGOs and/or donors.
- Substantial donor and grants management experience is an added value.
- Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective computer skills (G-Suit, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail for email).
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in emergency response, climate smart wash, health and education activities.
- Experience in training and providing technical support in wash, health and education projects is an advantage.
- Experience working in refugee camps and host communities is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required (must be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written).
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.