Deadline: 7 January 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health and Safety Specialist in Copenhagen, Denmark. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Health and Safety Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of HSSE good practices in UNOPS projects and operations in line with UNOPS policies, UN common system standards and international best practices.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health and Safety Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Technical Advisory Support
- Assist field offices to effectively implement the UNOPS health and safety management systems.
- Review practices at UNOPS premises and construction sites around the world.
- Review risk assessments, inspections, incident investigations and other reports and offer advice to field teams to ensure that good practices are upheld.
- Monitoring performance and addressing incidents
- Carry out inspections and system reviews to ensure that UNOPS operations are complying with HSSE requirements;
- Carry out incident investigations.
- Follow up on actions to address non-conformities or issues raised in incident investigations, inspections and audits to ensure that the issues have been effectively addressed and lessons learned shared.
- Training and Knowledge Management
- Develop and implement training programmes to improve the capacity of UNOPS personnel, contractors and partners in implementing UNOPS health and safety requirements.
- Be the focal point for health and safety knowledge building and knowledge sharing across UNOPS operations with a focus on context-specific good practices.
- Support the Health and Safety Manager in representing UNOPS in United Nations interagency forums and external forums on health and safety.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Health, Public Health or other relevant field is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent, in the fields of study mentioned above) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience OR a tertiary education diploma (Technical/Professional Diploma or equivalent, in the fields of study mentioned above) in combination with 4 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in a production environment such as construction, mining, manufacturing, oil and gas and heavy industry is required with a Master’s university degree.
- Experience in HS (Health and Safety) risk assessments, inspections, incident investigation, and training facilitation is required.
- Field experience in developing countries is an asset.
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of either French or Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.