Deadline: 30 October 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Cluster Coordinator in Maiduguri, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Health Cluster Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Manage, coordinate and be the overall lead within the Health Cluster or at Inter-Cluster level for rapid health needs assessments, as well as participatory assessments (Multi Cluster/Sector Initial Rapid Assessments and Humanitarian Needs Overviews, post-event risk assessment Post Disaster/Post Conflict Needs Assessment); be familiar with and ready to choose from existing tools to confirm that the Health Cluster covers all identified humanitarian health needs of the affected population.
- Collect information from all health partners on Who’s Where, since and until When, doing What (4Ws), and regularly feed the database managed by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UN-OCHA).
- Provide consolidated feedback to all partners and the other clusters.
- Lead the development, in cooperation with the Health Cluster Members, of the health sector components of the Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) as well as contingency planning for potential new events and other interagency planning, ensure proper linkages with the incident management system, disaster risk reduction, relief and recovery to complement national health sector preparedness/response plans.
- Ensure full compliance with national and international Norms and Standards, oversee that Cross-Cutting issues are mainstreamed in the Health Cluster Response and implementation plans, taking into account the need for local adaptation.
- Coordination of the Health Cluster: Facilitate health partner coordination and involvement in health and other related sector assessments (e.g. nutrition, WASH), planning, information, interventions, monitoring and quality assurance, and regularly report on health services delivered to the affected population.
- Identify urgent technical gaps and training needs in relation to technical standards and protocols for the delivery of key health services to ensure their adoption and uniform application by all Health Cluster partners; identify opportunities for capacity building in collaboration with partners.
- Ensure appropriate links among humanitarian actions and longer-term health sector plans, incorporating the concept of ‘building back better’ and specific risk reduction measures.
- Convene and facilitate consultative and results-oriented meetings in line with the principles of partnership.
- Organize and conduct joint support missions to field operations.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in Public Health, Medicine or International Health or related field.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience -at national and international level, in developing and promoting collaborative partnerships in emergency and humanitarian relief operations, including experience in managing and coordinating health programs in chronic and acute, sudden-onset emergencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the rapid response operations and their implementation in emergencies as related to public health, complemented by demonstrated ability to identify and manage difficult situations, to lead and direct multidisciplinary and multinational staff.
- Sound knowledge and experience about disaster prevention and preparedness programs and the incident management system.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.