Deadline: 21 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Economist in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post 24 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Economist the following functions:
- Development and refine methodology, tools on health expenditure tracking and provide technical supervision to staff and external consultants.
- Engage in data analysis, develop technical reports, publications, and dissemination of the products.
- Provide technical support and capacity building at global, regional and county levels through global meetings, training workshops, peer review meetings, and support to country teams on in-depth expenditure tracking studies, including diseases, programs and interventions, and primary health care specific expenditure.
- Coordinate with regional offices, in particular EURO and AMRO regional offices on annual data collection, quality control, government clearance and other aspects related to Global Health Expenditure Database (GHED) publication process.
- Build new and expand existing partnerships with external technical partners, disease and health programs; take part in coordination with health expenditure tracking investors, including organize donor meetings, development of donor proposals and reports.
- Participate in general team management, work plan development, implementation, reporting, and GHED publication process.
- Represent WHO at international scientific fora and in regional and country consultations; Perform other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree in economics, health economics, public finance, or health policy.
- At least 7 years of working experiences in health system development, health economics and financing including health expenditure tracking, of which 3 years working in a region or in developing countries. Demonstrated experience at the international level.
- Strong knowledge on health economics, health financing policy and overall health system operation and public finance system.
- Good knowledge of System Health Account (2011) classification.
- Knowledge of health expenditure data and quantitative analytical skills using statistical software, such as STATA, R, etc.
- Ability to work harmoniously with international and national counterparts from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to explain complex technical issues to general public health audience and policy makers.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.