Deadline: 30 October 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Economist in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Health Economist will perform following functions-
- Provide direct and remote technical assistance to countries for costing of comprehensive multi-year plans for immunization (cMYP).
- Strengthen existing and develop new immunization costing tools, and transferring planning and costing knowledge to regional and country counterparts.
- Manage and strengthen data collection, quality control, distribution and analysis on vaccine and immunization financing towards informed policy making at the international, regional and country level.
- Develop a WHO advocacy strategy towards increased national funding to immunization in context of current WHO efforts on health financing for Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
- Lead WHO work in the area of Gavi transition, enhancing country policies for successful move to sustainable national immunization financing.-To represent WHO in technical/managerial meetings and prepare technical briefings and materials as relevant to the above mentioned work areas.
- Develop new effective linkages with other technical groups in IVB and across WHO departments (e.g. Health Governance, Financing and Systems) to support the integration of activities and collaboration towards the achievement of the WHO Global Programme of Work 13.
- Support the supervisor in the area of fundraising, development and updating of workplans, budget, financial expenditure projections for the work area.
- Recruit and manage consultants/consultancy groups as may be required to carry on specific immunization financing tasks.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s level) in economics or health economics.
- At least 7 years internationally based professional work experience in the field of health economics (either public or private), including demonstrated experience with low-resource environments and relevant experience in health or immunization financing.
- Experience working with development partners and countries in health programme planning, costing, financing and/or financial sustainability.
- Experience working to deadlines and budgets, including in collaboration with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience supervising and managing teams.
- Demonstrated experience of working with and managing data/statistics for analytical and decision making purposes.
- Knowledge of development and health economics, with particular understanding of health and immunization financing.
- Excellent capacity to conduct quantitative evaluation and data analysis on economics of immunization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or coordinate diverse groups of stakeholders. Strong interpersonal, networking and diplomacy skills.
- Conscientious, with the ability to take the initiative and work independently under general guidance.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Switzerland.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.