Deadline: 29 January 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Emergency Officer in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Emergency Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate technical and operational support to the member states for country-level operations for public health emergencies related to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, in line with established technical standards, best practices, protocols and guidelines.
- Liaise with technical departments across the Organization and support country offices on issues related to the response to public health emergencies of international concern.
- Promote the overall strategic, operational and technical coherence and consistency of WHO emergency operations (infectious hazards related emergencies), including through strengthened support to the design of programmes and development of Humanitarian Response Plans.
- Facilitate the efficient flow of partner contributions in support of country response operations with particular attention to project cycle management, carrying out assessments, establishing partnerships, planning, human resources, logistics, resource mobilization, monitoring, information-sharing and reporting.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in medicine or health related sciences with post graduate degree in public health or health related discipline.
- Familiarity with WHO Policies and practices.
- Capability in programme monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 7 year’s field experience, some of which should have been obtained in an international context, in health emergency response, health response support, public health needs assessments, risk analysis or early recovery.
- Strong knowledge in developing and implementing public health policies and strategies in the context of emergencies is an asset.
- Experience with WHO, UN or UN agency or a health cluster member organization including the development of global strategies, guidelines and tools for health in emergency actions.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.