Deadline: 24 August 2018
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Dili, Timor-Leste.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Officer will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyze regional and national political, social, economic development trends.
- Collect, analyze, verify, and synthesize information to facilitate programme development, design and preparation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for programme preparation and documentation, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Facilitate the development and establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives, strategies, and results-based planning through analysis of health needs and areas for intervention and submission of assessments for priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing and administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials and documentations, and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluation of results.
- Prepare required documentations and materials to facilitate the programme review and approval process.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health, Timor-Leste in the areas of maternal, newborn and child health is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Timor Leste.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.