Deadline: 3 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Nepalgunj, Nepal.
The Health Officer will be accountable for professional technical assistance and support to programme design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation and administration of health programme/project activities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Officer will perform the following functions-
- Timely, regular data-driven analysis with consistent integration of sex-disaggregated data for planning and results-based management for scaling-up specific Health interventions in the Mid- and Far-Western Region.
- Technical expertise on specific Health interventions with a focus on the continuum of care for maternal, neonatal and child health in the Mid- and Far-Western Region.
- Technical and operational support provided to key government and non-government partners on scaling-up interventions (downstream activities).
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply and financial assistance.
- Effective knowledge management through documentation of lessons learned.
- Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration with related government and non-government partners.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: health, public health, global/international health, health policy and management, environmental health, family health, health research, biostatistics, socio-medical sciences, epidemiology, health education, health promotion and disease prevention, educational interventions in health care, demography, social sciences, medicine, nursing, or a field relevant to international public health development assistance
- Minimum one year (1) of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization(s), and field work experience an asset.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency and gender mainstreaming.
- Fluency in English and Nepali required.
- Nationality of Nepal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.