Deadline: 8 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Ranchi, India.
The Health Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the Health Program within the Country Program from development planning to delivery of results.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Officer will perform the following functions-
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the program sector/s for development, design and management of health related programs. Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, health) for higher management use to enhance program management, efficiency and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through analysis of health needs and areas for intervention and submission of recommendations for priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations and/or alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decision. Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programs and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of program management.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in medicine (M.B.B.S), public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, neonatal, child health and immunization, health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, at the international level and/or in a developing country is required.
- Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency/government is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of local language is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.