Deadline: 20 September 2019
Palladium is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Policy Advisor, Management, Documentation, and Monitoring and Evaluation in Antananarivo, Madagascar.
The Health Policy Advisor, Management, Documentation, and Monitoring and Evaluation will be responsible to provide knowledge, technical assistance, and consultation and support for the development, revision and implementation of national health policies and strategies, reproductive health / family planning, maternal / child health and water and sanitation and hygiene.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Policy Advisor, Management, Documentation, and Monitoring and Evaluation will perform the following:
- Provide programs, staff and other technical advisers with expertise and technical assistance in the areas of health policy and funding to program requirements.
- Provide diplomatic and data-driven techniques to identify, consider, and solve various issues and problems.
- Use a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze costs and expenditures, government budgets and policies.
- Support and contribute to the management and strategic direction of HP + Madagascar under the direction of the Country Director, including the monitoring and alignment of the work plan.
- Contribute to the completion of the products and activities included in the work plan within the given timeframe, taking into account the established guidelines and quality standards of HP +.
- Develop, verify and / or prepare program-related technical reports, including quarterly and annual reports, presentations, syntheses, posters, and other reports that may be requested by USAID.
- Coordinate the collection and entry of project data and results into the database on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate with the headquarters the issues of monitoring-evaluation and capacity building.
- Participate and represent the organization, as required, in external associations, conferences and meetings.
Applicants must have:
- Higher education degree who has extensive experience is preferred.
- A master’s degree in public health or health policy, or a master’s degree in public health and attended many health policy courses or other similar program.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of public health and in the formulation of policies and development and budgeting of health strategies and policies or experience in other areas associated with the functions described above.
- Experience and skills in the field of program and project management including monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as writing and presentation, are required.
- Experience in translation / communication of data for decision making and policy reform.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively and efficiently perform any task, as well as reconcile priorities in opposition within the required time.
- Professional and diplomatic attitude and behavior
- The ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing needs and competing demands.
- Ability to take initiatives and / or respond to situations autonomously.
- An excellent mastery of the French language, the English language, and the Malagasy language, written and spoken.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, other data management software).
- Experience with USAID-funded projects is an advantage.
- Nationality of Madagascar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.