Deadline: 15 December 2019
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Safety and Security Manager (HSS) in Bogota, Colombia. The duration of this post is 24 months.
Health Safety and Security Manager will be responsible to serve as the lead technical resource on health, safety and security risks and crisis management within Colombia and countries in the Colombia operation including Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador and Panama.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Strengthen and mentor the security staff in all areas in the CO Colombia.
- Organize and implement HEIST trainings at sub-regional level (in collaboration with Venezuela CO).
- Ensure collaboration on processes and tools between CO Colombia and CO Venezuela.
- Contribute to strategies and training on principled humanitarian access negotiations in collaboration with Regional Access Adviser.
- Promote and stimulate HSS risk management culture.
- Provide CMG with strategic advice based on changes to the context.
- Oversee and support national HSS risk management to staff, assets, operation and reputation of NRC.
- Implement the NRC Global HSS Management System at CO level and provide reports as required.
- Develop and maintain national HSS documents and procedures including strategy and budget.
- Act as an adviser to CMT leader during a crisis and take lead as and when delegated.
- Oversee and/or conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) and status reviews.
- Manage HSS staff at Country Office.
- Support, training, control and development of HSS staff in all offices and organise and/or train and develop staff in HSS.
- Network, communicate and cooperate with relevant external HSS actors.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HSS Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Substantial and demonstrated prior experience as a trainer.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Experience with coaching and capacity building.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the Colombian and sub-regional contexts (Colombian conflict, Venezuela crisis, Central America context)
- Experience with managing principled humanitarian negotiations.
- Professional qualifications or studies in general management, HSS and/or risk management.
- Experience or qualifications in humanitarian access.
- Experience or qualifications in negotiations.
- Experience in risk management for implementing partners or remote management.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.