Deadline: 17 April 2020
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health, Safety & Security Officer in Dadaab, Kenya.
NRC provides assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Health, Safety & Security Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Implement NRC’s safety and security policies at office level.
- Immediately report all breaches of safety and security procedures and all threats to NRC staff, beneficiaries, activities or assets.
- Facilitate staff evacuation in emergency situations.
- Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology and related subject.
- Training in safety and security.
- Minimum 5 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Experience from working as a Safety and Security Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent investigative and reporting skills.
- Excellent surveillance and emergency response skills.
- Ability to coordinate and plan.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Nationality of Kenya.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit NRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.